Friday 4 December 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gemma Jones and John Lear.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Gemma Jones: English actress and singer.
- John Lear: American noted family, the son of the founder of Lear Jet Corp.
- Chris Hillman
- David K. Shipler: Author.
- André Laignel: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for Central France.
- Bob Mosley in Paradise Valleym California: USA; rock bassist (Moby Grape).
- Chris Hillman in San Diego: California, USA; singer (Byrds - "Turn Turn Turn", "Mr Tambourine Man").
- 1st US citizenship granted an alien on foreign soil (James Hoey)
- FDR orders dismantling of Works Progress Administration
- Works Progress Administration liquidated
- First US citizenship granted an alien on foreign soil (James Hoey).
- US President Franklin Roosevelt orders dismantling of Works Progress Administration.
- Holocaust: In Warsaw, Zofia Kossak-Szczucka and Wanda Krahelska-Filipowicz set up the Zegota organization.
- World War II: Carlson's patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign ends.