Tuesday 4 February 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeannie Wilson in Memphis and Sanford Bishop.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dancing on Air.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1947 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Jeannie Wilson in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actress (Simon and Simon, Stir Crazy).
- Sanford Bishop: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Georgia).
- Dennis C Blair: American admiral and Director of National Intelligence.
- William Leymergie: French journalist, television producer and host, best known for the French breakfast television news show Télématin, broadcast on public broadcaster France 2..
- Gilbert Navarro: American astrologer and lecturer noted in Horary and the creator of the Gilbert Navarro Correspondence Course with staff teachers throughout the U.S.
- Dan Quayle: American politician, Vice-President of the U.S. under George Bush. Quayle is rich, handsome and privileged but as Vice President and political campaigner suffered from an image problem, that of being a "male bimbo;" someone lacking intellectual depth. His publicly uttered malapropisms and foot-in-mouth blunders have been oft repeated, sometimes with great hilarity. As a political candidate, Quayle courted the votes of the conservative wing of the Republican party. His major concern in conservati
- Dennis Blair: American admiral and politician 3rd Director of National Intelligence
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragus - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?