Sunday November 11, 1906, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1906, UK date format: 11/11/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 11, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lalla Romano and Geor Aumann.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1906?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Ain't You Coming Back to Old New Hampshire, Molly?