Friday 4 September 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 4, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Whip It, directed by Drew Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Swimsuit by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumps or Cosmic Nitro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 September
- The death toll in the 2009 Java earthquake rises to 63. (Xinhua)
- Ryan Tubridy takes over as host of ''The Late Late Show'', the world's longest running chat show. (''The Irish Times'')
- Another day of protests by Han Chinese occur over a series of hypodermic needle stabbings in Ürümqi, northwestern China. (Al Jazeera)
- Chinese officials say five people have been killed and 14 injured in the unrest. (RTÉ)
- Thousands of mourners from across southern India pay their respects to the dead chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy. (BBC)
- Six Gambian journalists jailed for criticising President Yahya Jammeh are freed. (BBC)
- Looting occurs in Port Gentil, Gabon, after riots broke out over a disputed presidential election. (Al Jazeera)
- A court in Burma agrees to hear an appeal by detained National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi. (''Jakarta Post'')
- North Korea announces it is in the final stage of uranium enrichment, as Russia, South Korea, Japan and the United States express concern. (Yonhap)
- More than 90 people, among them at least 40 civilians, are killed when an American jetfighter called in by German troops attacks two fuel tankers hijacked by Taliban-insurgents in Kunduz, northern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- The armed forces in Madagascar reject calls by opposition groups to take over the country's institutions for an interim period. (AFP)
- The International Monetary Fund grants Zimbabwe a US$ 500 million loan, its first to the country in 10 years. (''Business Day'')
- Temperatures in the Arctic are at their highest for 2000 years, according to a new study. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The United States eases more restrictions on Cuba, allowing unlimited family visits and telephone exchanges. (''Washington Post'')
- The Brazilian Senate condemns Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez for his restrictions on the press, further delaying its Mercosur bid. (MercoPress)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is to approve new settlements in the West Bank before a building freeze. (Associated Press)
- Two Bangladeshi newspapers, the ''Daily Manab Zamin'' and the ''New Nation'', apologise after publishing an article taken from satirical US website ''The Onion'', which claimed the Moon landings were faked. (BBC)
- Former US soldier Steven Dale Green is sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of release for the 2006 gang rape and murder of an Iraqi girl and the slaughter of her family in their home in Mahmudiyah, south of Baghdad. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 September 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Istres - Guingamp : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Oldham - Hartlepool : 0 - 3
- Southend - Leyton Orient : 3 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Morecambe - Rochdale : 3 - 3
- Northampton - Barnet : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Ego - Beyonce
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Ice Cream Paint Job - Dorrough
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Comprendeme - German Montero
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Grupo Aeroméxico said it would let passengers use cellular phones on its planes after the government lifted a ban on such calls during flights. [..]
Some critics have wondered if Beijing’s crackdown on executives was an excuse by the Communist Party to eliminate rivals. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.41
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $59.55
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $59.68
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $44.50
- 1 CHF = 6.439 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2877 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9735 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.811 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?