Monday 7 September 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Zombieland, directed by Ruben Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The White Queen by Philippa Gregory was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boom Blox Bash Party or Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 September 2009 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 September
- Busch Gardens in Florida closes The Big Bad Wolf roller coaster. 29 million fans rode the attraction, which was the world's first suspended roller coaster.
- South Korea asks North Korea to explain a sudden discharge of dam water which left six people dead or missing across the border. (RIA Novosti)
- Japan's Prime Minister-elect Yukio Hatoyama proposes a 25% cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020, up from 8% by the outgoing administration. (BBC)
- Drivers in Samoa prepare to switch from driving on the right hand side of the road to the left as a new law comes into effect, the first nation to change sides in 40 years. (Associated Press)
- Israel formally approves the construction of new settlements in the West Bank. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- The Indian Central Bureau of Investigation is to investigate the helicopter crash which killed the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy and four others. (''Times of India'')
- Scientists working in Papua New Guinea announce the discovery of over forty new species, including a giant rat weighing approximately 1.5kg. (BBC)
- Kraft Foods Inc. says it will pursue a takeover of Cadbury Plc after the British maker of Trident gum and Dairy Milk rejected a $16.7 billion bid. (Bloomberg)
- The premier of the Republic of China (Taiwan), Liu Chao-shiuan, and his cabinet resign due to criticism and public anger over the slow handling of the disaster during Typhoon Morakot. (Reuters)
- Sudanese activist Lubna al-Hussein is found guilty of breaching Sudanese criminal law by wearing trousers, but is fined instead of being sentenced to flogging due to international concern over the trial. She has stated she will not pay and instead face a month in jail. (AP)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Ego - Beyonce
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Los Tigres del Norte - La Granja
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Comprendeme - German Montero
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The consumer Web and many traditional media outlets seem to amplify every debate into a frantic broadcast scrum. [..]
In an experiment by SharedBook, readers of “Nurture Shock” can weigh in with their own annotations online. [..]
- 1 CHF = 6.443 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9831 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.843 CNY
- 1 AUD = 0.9064 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?