Saturday 5 September 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 5, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Whip It, directed by Drew Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while South Of Broad by Pat Conroy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Band Hero or Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 September
- The G-20 finance ministers outline plans for banking reform, including tougher regulation of financial institutions. (Reuters)
- At least 15 people, mostly Bulgarians, drown in Lake Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, as a tourist boat sinks. (Makfax)
- The Communist Party Chief in Ürümqi, China, is removed from his post following recent protests over a series of stabbings with hypodermic needles. (Xinhua)
- Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin travels to Khartoum for meetings with the Sudanese government over the kidnapping of aid workers Sharon Commins and Hilda Kawuki nine weeks ago. (RTÉ)
- An oil deal and trade concerns with Libya were at one point considered as factors in the Lockerbie bomber's release, British Justice Secretary Jack Straw says in an interview. (CNN)
- Thousands of people attend rival demonstrations for or against the policies of Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez in Venezuela, Spain, Honduras and in other Latin American capitals. (''El Universal'')
- Around 90 people are arrested in clashes between right wing anti-Islamic groups and anti-Fascist protesters in Birmingham, England. (''The Independent'')
- Grenada releases the last seven prisoners convicted in the murder of Grenadian Prime Minister Maurice Bishop during the 1983 coup, including former deputy prime minister Bernard Coard. (France 24)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 September 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cartagena - Vallecano : 2 - 0
- Cordoba - Villarreal B : 3 - 1
- Gimnastic - Girona : 1 - 1
- Huesca - Las Palmas : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Rushden & D : 1 - 6
- Cambridge - Forest Green : 7 - 0
- Ebbsfleet - Oxford : 0 - 2
- Gateshead - Hayes & Yeading : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Wycombe : 1 - 0
- Bristol Rvs - Millwall : 2 - 0
- Carlisle - Tranmere : 3 - 0
- Charlton - Brentford : 2 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Hereford : 2 - 2
- Bury - Accrington : 0 - 2
- Cheltenham - Dag and Red : 1 - 1
- Crewe - Macclesfield : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Ego - Beyonce
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Ice Cream Paint Job - Dorrough
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Comprendeme - German Montero
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
As signs multiply that the economic and financial crisis may be ending, investor interest is cautiously returning to art as an alternative asset. [..]
Bank of America won a bid to continue blocking regulators from gaining access to more than $1 billion in cash and loans held by the bankrupt Colonial BancGroup. Late Friday, a federal judge in Miami extended an injunction barring the Federal Depos... [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?