Wednesday 30 September 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 30 for 30.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood of Bahamut or Captain Forever.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 September 2009 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- The US budget deficit hits a record US$1.4 trillion in the year to the end of September.
- A 7.6-magnitude earthquake strikes just off the coast of Sumatra, killing around 1,000 in Indonesia.
- The death toll from an earthquake and tsunami in the Samoan Islands region in the South Pacific rises to at least 113. (AFP)
- A 7.6 magnitude earthquake strikes western Indonesia, killing at least 75 and trapping thousands of people under rubble. (''Jakarta Globe'')
- Guinea's military leader Captain Moussa Dadis Camara bans all ampquotsubversiveampquot gatherings and demonstrations in the aftermath of opposition protests. (Associated Press)
- Diplomatic officials from the United States and Burma hold their first high level meetings in New York City. (BBC)
- 24 people are killed and 62 injured after a church collapses in Nepal. (''Himalayan Times'')
- The death toll from Typhoon Ketsana across Southeast Asia rises to 300. (CNN)
- The United States is to withdraw 4,000 troops from Iraq by the end of October. (''The Washington Post'')
- Several Sudanese political parties boycott a conference on the future of South Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- The final report of an international fact-finding mission concludes that Georgia started the 2008 South Ossetia war. (''New York Times'')
- Former President of Peru Alberto Fujimori is sentenced to six years in jail for corruption by a court in Lima. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 September 2009
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Newcastle - QPR : 1 - 1
- Nott'm Forest - Scunthorpe : 2 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- East Stirling - Livingston : 3 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chesterfield - Grimsby : 3 - 2
- Nijmegen - Utrecht : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?