Sunday 27 September 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 27, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Stolen, directed by Anders Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beaterator or Bumps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 September 2009 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 September
- William Safire dies at age 79 in Rockville, Maryland, after suffering from pancreatic cancer; 30-year columnist for The New York Times, author of Political Dictionary, former speechwriter for Richard Nixon, Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Turkey announces it is to establish formal diplomatic relations with Armenia on October 10. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown denies rumours concerning his health as the British Labour Party gathers for its conference in Brighton, expressing his amazement with Andrew Marr of the BBC for questioning him live on television. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- In Germany the Christian Democrats and the Liberals win the federal election and announce their intention to form a new government with Angela Merkel as Chancellor. The Social Democrats concede defeat. (Al Jazeera)
- The Socialist Party win the Portuguese legislative election to elect members of the Assembly of the Republic, with 36.6% of the vote. (Trend News Agency)
- Second South America-Africa Summit (ASA) on Isla Margarita:
- The leaders of Libya and Venezuela, Muammar al-Gaddafi and Hugo Chávez, call on the continents of Africa and South America to unite to secure prosperity for future generations. (BBC)
- Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva says that ASA member countries have achieved concrete results since the 1st ASA Summit in Abuja in 2006. (Xinhua)
- Film director Roman Polanski is arrested in Zurich on a 31-year old US arrest warrant. (Angola Press)
- Afghan Energy Minister Ismail Khan survives a roadside blast which kills four people and wounds seventeen outside a school in Herat. (''Times of India'')
- The death toll from Tropical Storm Ketsana rises to 73, with more than 300,000 people displaced. (''China Daily'')
- The Swiss multinational Nestlé is buying milk from a farm seized from its white owners and now owned by the wife of Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe, according to England's ''The Sunday Telegraph''. (BBC)
- American General Stanley McChrystal, Commander of the International Security Assistance Force, formally requests more troops for the War in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards test fire several short-range missiles ndash the Fateh-110 and Tondar-69. (Xinhua)
- Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi tells a rally in Milan about his encounters with President of the United States Barack Obama, saying: ampquotWhat's his name? Some tanned guy... Ah, Barack Obama!ampquot, also commenting on his wife Michelle: ampquotYou won't believe it, but two of them went to the beach because the wife is also tannedampquot. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Honduras issues a 10-day deadline to Brazil asking it to decide the status of deposed President Manuel Zelaya, who is residing in its embassy in the capital Tegucigalpa. (Reuters)
- ''Discworld'' author Terry Pratchett, who has Alzheimer's disease, criticises new guidelines on assisted suicide. (BBC)
- An award-winning essay written by Paul McCartney as a 10-year-old for the coronation of Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is found after lying undiscovered in Liverpool's Central Library for more than 50 years. (''The Sunday Times'')
- Four people injured in a South African plane crash in Durban on Thursday are still recovering in hospital. (IOL)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 September 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Roma : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Atalanta : 1 - 1
- Juventus - Bologna : 1 - 1
- Lazio - Palermo : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Germinal : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - M'gladbach : 3 - 0
- Hoffenheim - Hertha : 5 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Koblenz : 1 - 1
- Hansa Rostock - Greuther Furth : 4 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Paderborn : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Under - Pleasure P
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Unemployed Americans now confront a job market that is bleaker than ever in the current recession, and employment prospects are still getting worse. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?