Saturday 12 September 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Jennifer's Body, directed by Karyn Kusama, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while South of Broad by Pat Conro was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Archer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Challenge or The Punisher: No Mercy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 September 2009 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 September
- Willy Ronis: French photographer (Born 1910).
- Police in the Madagascar capital Antananarivo disperse small groups of opposition supporters opposed to the administration of Andry Rajoelina. (IOL)
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake occurs in Venezuela, injuring many people. (Daily Press)
- ''Lebanon'' wins the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival. (RTÉ)
- Israeli President and Nobel Laureate Shimon Peres is hospitalised after a collapse in Tel Aviv. (''The Washington Post'')
- 2009 Sierra Leone shipwreck:
- 120 of the dead are buried. (IOL)
- 30 more bodies are found. (''Taiwan News'')
- Ireland's Taoiseach Brian Cowen denies Libertas founder Declan Ganley's claim that the second Irish referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon is ampquotprofoundly undemocraticampquot. (RTÉ)
- Eight people are swept away by flash floods and a ninth is killed by lightning as more thunderstorms lash southwestern Algeria. Five people are killed in storms in Morocco. (IOL)
- At least 11 people die following two days of riots in Kampala, Uganda. (IOL)
- At least 7 die in several separate attacks and suicide bombings in Russia's North Caucasus. (AP)
- 10 Warhol paintings dating from the late 1970s are stolen from the private collection of Richard Weisman in Los Angeles, USA. (RTÉ)
- United Nations official Peter Mackay is revealed to have been expelled from Sri Lanka for challenging government assertions at the end of the civil war. (The Guardian)
- In rugby union, South Africa defeat New Zealand 32-29 to win the 2009 Tri Nations Series. (IOL)
- The Guatemalan Army is accused of abducting over 300 children during the 1960ndash1996 Civil War and selling them for adoption. (Reuters)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez says a consignment of Russian-made missiles with a 300km range are due to arrive in his country. (RTÉ)
- President Robert Mugabe says Zimbabwe's first high-level talks with top EU officials in seven years went well. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 September 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Juventus : 0 - 2
- Livorno - Milan : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Cercle Brugge : 0 - 4
- Gent - Roeselare : 5 - 1
- Standard - Mechelen : 3 - 0
- St Truiden - Anderlecht : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Bayern Munich : 1 - 5
- Freiburg - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 2
- Hamburg - Stuttgart : 3 - 1
- Hoffenheim - Bochum : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Koblenz : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Greuther Furth : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?