Tuesday 22 September 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Stolen, directed by Anders Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cho Aniki Zero or Aztaka.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 September 2009 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 September
- American Mesac Damas is extradited from Haiti to stand trial for the murders of his six family members in Florida, USA. NBC-2
- A mid-air collision destroys Iran's only AWACS equipped aircraft, an Ilyushin Il-76MD. ( Defensenews)
- A gang of racist youths are sent to jail for a string of attacks on foreigners in Moscow, Russia, in 2008. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama calls for the resumption of the Middle East peace process in meetings with the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu and the President of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas. (Voice of America)
- Honduran soldiers break up protests outside the Brazilian embassy in Tegucigalpa in support of deposed President Manuel Zelaya, who is staying inside. (MercoPress)
- Several people are killed after a bus comes off a road and slides down an embankment into a river east of Düsseldorf, Germany. (RIA Novosti)
- Casualties and 25 deaths are feared in a gun battle between Maoist rebels and supporters of the ruling Communist Party in the Indian state of West Bengal. (Press Trust of India)
- New figures reveal that for the first time since 1995 more people emigrated from Ireland than immigrated there, with a growth of more than 40% from JanuaryndashApril 2009. Most of the emigrants are Eastern European or Irish nationals. (RTÉ)
- French riot police detain 278 migrants in Calais in an operation to dismantle the ampquotjungleampquot camp. (''Straits Times'')
- China bans foreigners from entering Tibet, ahead of the 60th anniversary celebrations of the People's Republic. (Australia Network News)
- Taiwan shows a documentary on Uyghur leader Rebiya Kadeer, as the website of the Kaoshiung Film Festival is hacked. (''The Guardian'')
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad heads for New York to attend the United Nations General Assembly. (Xinhua)
- An Iranian military airplane crashes during a military parade in Tehran. (ABC)
- A Spanish doctor, identified as AM, is sentenced to a year in prison for his role in the death of the former First Lady of Nigeria, Stella Obasanjo. (BBC)
- Ireland's National Ploughing Championships, the largest ploughing championship in the world and the largest outdoor agricultural event in Europe, begins in Athy, County Kildare. (''The Irish Times'')
- Attorney General for England and Wales Patricia Scotland, Baroness Scotland of Asthal, is fined £5,000 after being found to have employed a housekeeper who was not legally allowed to work in the UK. (BBC)
- For the first time in at least ten years, all United States embassies and consulates in South Africa are closed following an unspecified ampquotsecurity threatampquot. (Associated Press)
- The New Zealand dollar soars to a 13-month high against both the U.S. dollar and euro. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Bayo Ohu, the assistant news editor of the Nigerian daily ''The Guardian'', is shot dead at his home in Lagos. (''The Guardian'')
- Official government figures indicate the murder rate in South Africa has fallen, though robberies and sexual offences are on the increase. (IOL)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 September 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- St Truiden - Genk : 2 - 4
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Santander - Barcelona : 1 - 4
- Sevilla - Mallorca : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Crawley Town : 1 - 1
- Altrincham - Tamworth : 0 - 0
- Eastbourne Borough - Hayes & Yeading : 3 - 1
- Forest Green - Kidderminster : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Berwick - Stranraer : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Under - Pleasure P
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Guy Hands, perhaps best known for his unfortunate $4.73 billion purchase of EMI in 2007, offered an unvarnished appraisal of the private equity business. [..]
The bank, under investigation by several agencies for its conduct while acquiring Merrill Lynch, is trying to smooth relations with regulators. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.38
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $61.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.21
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.95
- 1 CAD = 0.9575 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8937 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9331 CAD
- 1 GBP = 1.6744 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?