Tuesday 29 September 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 30 for 30.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1404 or Ceville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 September 2009 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 September
- Sperantza Vrana: Greek actress (Born 1926 or 1932).
- An 8.0 magnitude earthquake near the Samoan Islands causes a tsunami.
- At least 40 people are killed as Typhoon Ketsana makes landfall on Vietnam. (Xinhua)
- A court in Malaysia upholds a whipping punishment for Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno who was convicted of drinking beer. (Al Jazeera)
- Former President of Peru Alberto Fujimori pleads guilty to charges of bribery and spying on his old rivals during his presidency. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- The European Commission denies accusations that it broke Ireland's laws against using taxpayers' money on referendum spending after an EU office in Dublin paid €150,000 to insert a guide to the Treaty of Lisbon into all Sunday newspapers as the country's second referendum approaches. (''The Irish Times'')
- Former MEP Patricia McKenna promises legal action against any newspapers found carrying the Commission's guide, with legal advisers to Europe's Council of Ministers expressing ampquotsome concernampquot about its content. (''The Irish Times'')
- At least 87 people die in a crackdown by the Military of Guinea on an opposition rally against the country's leader Moussa Dadis Camara. (Al Jazeera)
- Gabon's constitutional court recounts votes from last month's disputed presidential election won by the son of longtime leader Omar Bongo. (IOL)
- A 14-year-old schoolgirl in Coventry, England, who died after being given a cervical cancer vaccine as part of that country's national immunisation programme is found to have suffered from a tumor in her heart and lungs. (MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 September 2009
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - West Brom : 3 - 1
- Bristol City - Blackpool : 2 - 0
- Cardiff - Derby : 6 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Sheffield Weds : 0 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Gateshead : 3 - 2
- Barrow - Mansfield : 3 - 1
- Ebbsfleet - Salisbury : 1 - 2
- Grays - Cambridge : 2 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Queens Park - Albion Rvs : 0 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Southend : 2 - 1
- Colchester - Charlton : 3 - 0
- Exeter - Swindon : 1 - 1
- Leeds - Carlisle : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?