Monday 14 September 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Alabama Moon, directed by Tim McCanlies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 5 Spots Party or Afro Samurai.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2009 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- Patrick Swayze: American stage, film and TV actor, dancer, choreographer and sex symbol, a top box-office figure with "Dirty Dancing," 1987, "Roadhouse," and "Ghost," 1990.
- Jody Powell: American press secretary to Jimmy Carter (Born 1943).
- Darren Sutherland: Irish boxer (Born 1982).
- Keith Floyd: English chef and author (d. 2009).
- American actor Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing, Ghost) dies after a long battle with pancreatic cancer at age 57.
- Norwegians go to the polls for the Norwegian parliamentary election. (''Norway Post'')
- France's political ampquottrial of the centuryampquot into the Clearstream affairmdashformer Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin versus President Nicolas Sarkozymdashopens at the Palais de Justice. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- U.S. special forces launch an attack on Islamist militants from Al-Shabab in Somalia. (''The New York Times'')
- At least 18 women and children are killed in a stampede for free flour handed out by charity workers in Karachi, Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Legislators in Aceh province in Indonesia pass a new law on stoning to death and other severe sentences for adultery, homosexuality and premarital sex. (''The Guardian'')
- Dozens of people in Uganda are charged over riots in the capital Kampala over the visit of the King of Buganda, Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II. (BBC)
- China lodges a complaint with the World Trade Organization over the United States' decision to impose import duties on Chinese-made tires. (''Financial Times'')
- A large area of Toronto, Canada, is evacuated after a Pipe bomb was found in a truck, but the bomb is neutralized by the Toronto bomb squad. (CP24)
- In tennis, Juan Martín del Potro defeats Roger Federer and Kim Clijsters defeats Caroline Wozniacki at the U.S. Open. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 September 2009
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Karlsruhe : 2 - 4
Division 2Football (France)
- Nantes - Strasbourg : 2 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Milton Keynes Dons - Norwich : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Falkirk - Aberdeen : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?