Saturday 26 September 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching InuYasha: The Final Act.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories or Bionic Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- Second South America-Africa Summit (ASA) on Isla Margarita:
- 30 African and South American leaders arrive to attend, with 60 countries being represented. (IOL)
- Venezuela's President Hugo Chávez says regional governments are to sign an agreement to create a Bank of the South with startup capital of 20 billion US dollars. (Wales Online)
- Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi calls for the creation of a military alliance among nations in the South Atlantic region by 2011, calling it ampquotNATO of the Southampquot. (RTTNews)
- More than 100 ministers and heads of state attend a United Nations meeting on the global hunger crisis. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina tables a five-pronged set of recommendations to raise a hunger-free world. (Bangldesh News)
- At least 10 people are dead in Metro Manila after Tropical Storm Ketsana hits the northern Philippines. (''Philippine Star'')
- Three detainees held by the United States at Guantánamo Bay in Cuba, are sent abroad to two countries. Ireland accepts two detainees of Uzbeki origin in a humanitarian gesture, with Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform Dermot Ahern saying Ireland was one of the first countries in Europe to call for the closure of Guantánamo Bay and that the two men would now be given time to rebuild their lives. (BBC)
- Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki writes to President of the United States Barack Obama to express his concern and disappointment over threats it has received from that country concerning a travel ban on Kenyan officials it blames for hindering reforms. (IOL)
- Two car bomb blasts kill at least 12 people in northwestern Pakistan. (''Times of India'')
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rejects U.S. President Barack Obama's accusation about Iran's nuclear program. (Al Jazeera)
- Families separated for over 50 years since the Korean War meet at the Kŭmgangsan resort, North Korea. (Xinhua)
- Two mass graves linked to Colombia's internal conflict are discovered. (BBC)
- A second dust storm hits Sydney, Australia. (Bloomberg)
- Pope Benedict XVI arrives for a three day visit to the Czech Republic. (Associated Press)
- Twenty-two large banks in Europe may have accumulated credit losses of close to €400 billion for this year and next, according to officials who have seen a draft of conclusions of “stress tests” conducted by European regulators. (New York Times)
- Geelong defeats St Kilda in the 2009 AFL Grand Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. (The Age)
- The Spanish government formally unveils plans to liberalise the country's abortion law. (BBC)
- Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua returns to Abuja after a visit to Saudi Arabia. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 September 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Livorno - Fiorentina : 0 - 1
- Sampdoria - Inter : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Roeselare : 1 - 1
- Kortrijk - Standard : 0 - 2
- Lokeren - Charleroi : 4 - 1
- Waregem - Gent : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Schalke 04 : 0 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Stuttgart : 0 - 3
- FC Koln - Leverkusen : 0 - 1
- Hamburg - Bayern Munich : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - St Pauli : 1 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Karlsruhe : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?