Tuesday 5 May 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Massu and Kurt Bohme.
Just Like a Woman, directed by Rachid Bouchareb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1908 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Jacques Massu: French general who fought in World War II, the First Indochina War, the Algerian War and the Suez crisis.
- Kurt Bohme: German bass (d. 1989).
- Kurt Böhme: German opera singer (d. 1989).
- 34th Kentucky Derby: Arthur Pickens on Stone Street wins in 2:15.2.
- Great White Fleet arrives in San Francisco.