Wednesday 5 September 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Mieg and Jean Rosenthal.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1906 ?
- Peter Mieg: Composer.
- Jean Rosenthal: French jeweller and leading member of the French Jewish community.
- Ralston Crawford: American painter lithographer and photographer (d. 1978).
- Ludwig Boltzmann: Austrian physicist and philosopher whose greatest achievement was in the development of statistical mechanics, which explains and predicts how the properties of atoms (such as mass, charge, and structure) determine the physical properties of matter (such as viscosity, thermal conductivity, and diffusion).
- 1st legal forward pass (Brandbury Robinson to Jack Schneider)
- The first legal forward pass in American football is thrown by Bradbury Robinson of St. Louis University to teammate Jack Schneider in a 22 : 0 victory over Carroll College (Wisconsin).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- College Life - Billy Murray
- Waltz Me Around Again, Willie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet