Monday 5 August 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie de Hennezel and Gary Beban.
Swamp Fire, directed by William H. Pine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1946 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Marie de Hennezel
- Gary Beban: American businessman, formerly a football player with a short career in the pro league.
- Bruce Coslet: American football player, the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals football franchise.
- Alain Dassas: French businessman, who held various positions within the Renault-Nissan Alliance and was one of the key participants in the agreements that led to its creation.
- Bob McCarthy: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Ron Silliman: American poet and blogger.
- Loni Anderson in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; actress (Jennifer - WKRP in Cincinnati).
- Xavier Trias: Spanish pediatrician and politician 118th Mayor of Barcelona.
- Erika Slezak: American actress.
- Erika Slezak in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Viki - One Life to Live).
- Catherine Dolto: Aka Catherine Dolto-Tolitch.
- Rick van der Linden: Dutch keyboard player and songwriter (Ekseption and Trace) (d. 2006).
- Wilhelm Marx: German lawyer and politician 17th Chancellor of Germany (d. 1946).