Saturday 5 May 1956US date format: 5/5/1956, UK date format: 5/5/1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kamagurka and Fernando Rodrigues-Nunes.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Good-bye, My Lady, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Abode Of Love by Aubrey Menen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1956 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Kamagurka : Belgian cartoonist, playwright, comic strip artist, painter, comedian, singer and producer.
- Dick Kemper in Amsterdam: Netherlands; rock vocalist/bassist (Vandenberg).
- Fernando Rodrigues-Nunes: French homicide, the killer of his wife and his sister-in-law, before killing himself with a bullet under his chin.
- Lisa Eilbacher: American actress.
- Robert Marien: Quebecois actor, singer and songwriter.
- Steve Scott: American runner and coach.
- Charles R Gallas: lexicographer (French Dictionary), dies at age 88.
- Broekster Boys soccer team forms in Damwoude
- Jim Bailey (US) runs the mile record 3:58.6 in Los Angeles, California.
- World championships of judo are first held, in Tokyo, Japan.
- 82nd Kentucky Derby: David Erb aboard Needles wins in 2:03.4.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?