Wednesday 5 May 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Faye and Richard H Rovere.
The Captive, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1915 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Alice Faye: American actress and singer (d. 1998).
- Richard H Rovere: Jersey City -- Journalist (Goldwater Caper).
- Ben Wright: English-American actor (d. 1989).
- German U-20 sinks Earl of Lathom.
- WWI: The Turks begin shelling Anzac Cove from a new position behind their lines.