Monday 5 May 1930US date format: 5/5/1930, UK date format: 5/5/1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Grassi and Will Hutchins.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1930 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Ray Grassi
- Will Hutchins: American actor.
- Richard Schaal
- Alain-Jacques Meyer: St-Mand? physician.
- Michael James: Adams; US Air Force pilot (X-15).
- Hans Abramson: Swedish director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Richard Schaal in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Leo - Phyllis, Trapper John MD).
- Guy De The: Marseille physician.
- 1st woman to fly solo from Engl to Australia takes-off (Amy Johnson)