Tuesday 6 March 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samael Aun Weor and Frankie Howerd.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1917 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Samael Aun Weor: Columbian writer (Born 1917).
- Frankie Howerd: Actor (Carry on Doctor, Up the Front), dies at 70.
- Will Eisner: American illustrator and cartoonist (d. 2005).
- Donald Davidson (philosopher)
- Pierre Chatenet
- Donald Davidson: American philosopher and academic (d. 2003).
- J A: Mommersteeg Dutch Assistant Secretary of Defense (KVP).
- Ernesto Alonso: Mexican producer, director, cinematographer and actor.
- Frankie Howerd: English comedian and comic actor whose career spanned six decades.
- Danilo Michelini: Italian soccer player.
- Jules HPFX Vandenpeereboom premier of Belgium (1899): dies at age 73.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?