Saturday 6 April 1918US date format: 4/6/1918, UK date format: 6/4/1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Bernard Principal (Trevelyan College and Karen Verne.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1918 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Karen Verne: Berlin, Germany -- Actress (Madame X).
- Joan Bernard Principal (Trevelyan College: Durham).
- Alfredo Ovando Candia: Bolivian president (d. 1982).
- René Diatkine: French psychiatrist and psychoanalyst of Belarusian origin.
- Alfredo Candía: Bolivian general and politician 56th President of Bolivia (d. 1982).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Long Boy - Prince's Orchestra
- I'm Going to Follow the Boys - Henry Burr & Elizabeth Spencer
- Maytime Waltz (Will You Remember?) - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet