Sunday 6 April 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Ratzenberger and Oswaldo Piazza.
New Orleans, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1947 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- John Ratzenberger: American actor who established himself as Cliff, the know-it-all mailman, a regular on the top hit TV show, Cheers.
- Oswaldo Piazza
- Jan Kees: Wiebenga; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Sally Eaton: American Wiccan High Priestess, liturgist, singer and actress, whose credits include creating and playing the role of Jeanie in the stage production of the hit Broadway musical Hair.
- John Kirkwood: Scottish artist, sculptor.
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo: Statesman.
- André Weinfeld: French-American director producer and screenwriter.
- Mike Worboys: English mathematician and computer scientist.
- Jacques Lameloise: French chef de cuisine at the restaurant Maison Lameloise (usually known as Lameloise) in Chagny, France, 1971-2008.
- Tony Cooner: Essex, England -- Drummer (Hot Chocolate-You Sexy Thing).
- 1st Tony Awards: Arthur Miller, David Wayne and Patricia Neal win
- 11th Golf Masters Championship: Jimmy Demaret wins his second Masters golf tournament, shooting a 281.
- First Tony Awards: Arthur Miller, David Wayne and Patricia Neal win.
- The first Tony Awards are presented for theatrical achievement.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Mam'selle