Tuesday 6 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Carter and Edmond H. Fischer.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1920 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Edmond H. Fischer: Scientist.
- Bernard Carter: British painter / etcher.
- Maurice Bouvier: French police officer, the Director of the Judicial Police (police headquarters).
- William Snavely: Los Angeles Military man.
- Jack Cover: American pilot and physicist invented the Taser gun (d. 2009).
- Edmond Fischer: Chinese-American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- French troop attacks Main / Darmstadt / Hanau
- The short-lived Far Eastern Republic is declared in eastern Siberia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Wonderful Pal - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Mystery - Paul Biese Trio