Sunday April 06, 1986
US date format: 4/6/1986, UK date format: 6/4/1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 6, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Heidi Mount and Vincent Gauthier-Manuel.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Wise Guys, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Nerilka'S Story by Anne McCaffrey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Airheart or Darius.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 06, 1986?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- See more
- 15th Nabisco Dinah Shore Golf Championship won by Pat Bradley.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 06, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Teddy Pendergrass - Love 4/2
- Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 06If April 06, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 5 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 12 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?