Friday 6 August 1943US date format: 8/6/1943, UK date format: 6/8/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Charles Marchiani and Michael Anderson Jr.
Silver Spurs, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1943 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean-Charles Marchiani
- Michael Anderson Jr: London, England -- Actor (Clay-The Monroes).
- Ray Buktenica in Greenwich Village: New York City, USA; actor (Rhoda, House Calls).
- Jon Postel: American computer scientist and academic (d. 1998).
- US 1st Infantry division occupies node Troina Sicily
- WWII ampndash Battle of Vella Gulf: Americans defeat a Japanese convoy off Kolombangara, as the U.S. Army drives the Japanese out of Munda airfield on New Georgia.