Tuesday 6 August 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Guigou and Peter Simonischek.
Swamp Fire, directed by William H. Pine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1946 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Elisabeth Guigou
- Peter Simonischek
- Dusty Rhodes: Australian baseball coach (1996 Olympics).
- Roh Moo-hyun: 16th President of South Korea (d. 2009).
- Loni Anderson: Actress.
- Allan Holdsworth: English guitarist songwriter and producer (UK The Tony Williams Lifetime HoBoLeMa and Tempest).
- Masaaki Sakai: Japanese actor and singer (The Spiders).
- Judy Craig: American singer (The Chiffons).
- Erika Slezak: Actress.
- Tony Lazzeri: American baseball player and manager (d. 1946).
- US officially submits to jurisdiction of World Court.