Tuesday 6 August 1929US date format: 8/6/1929, UK date format: 6/8/1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anneliese Kuppers and Al Alvarez.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1929 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Al Alvarez: Poet.
- Anneliese Kuppers: German FR, equestrian dressage (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mike Elliot: Rocker.
- Maria Frau: Italian film actress who made her debut in 1950 when she played the title role in "Margaret of Cortona.
- Mike Elliott: Jamaican saxophonist (The Foundations and Rico's Combo).
- Roch La Salle: Canadian politician 42nd Canadian Minister of Public Works (d. 2007).