Monday 6 January 1913, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Loretta Young and Max Théret.
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1913 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Loretta Young: American film actress with her own TV show in the '50s.
- Max Théret: French businessman and political activist, who was the co-founder of Fnac, originally Fédération nationale d’achats des cadres, or National Purchasing Federation of Managers, alongside André Essel.
- Edward Gierek: Polish Communist politician.
- Tom Brown: NYC, New York -- Actor (Ed-Gunsmoke, Lt Rovacs-Mr Lucky).
- Roger Heinkele: French champion springboard diver.
- Pierre Le Gloan: French aviator, a fighter pilot of World War II.
- Frederick Hitch: English Victoria Cross Winner (Born 1856).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?