Monday 6 January 1913, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Brown and Edward Gierek.
Il segreto di Valentina, directed by Dario Ferrarese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1913 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Tom Brown: NYC, New York -- Actor (Ed-Gunsmoke, Lt Rovacs-Mr Lucky).
- Edward Gierek: Polish Communist politician.
- Roger Heinkele: French champion springboard diver.
- Pierre Le Gloan: French aviator, a fighter pilot of World War II.
- Max Théret: French businessman and political activist, who was the co-founder of Fnac, originally Fédération nationale d’achats des cadres, or National Purchasing Federation of Managers, alongside André Essel.
- Loretta Young: American film actress with her own TV show in the '50s. Starring in movies from the age of four, she and her two sisters made successful film careers, making the transition to "talkies" smoothly. She signed with Fox in the early '30s, appearing in over 90 films during her career. During the '30s she played the smiling martyr endlessly, making so many films that she was called "the beautiful hack." An elegant beauty with rosy complexion, full lips and prominent cheekbones, she won an Academy Awar
- Frederick Hitch: English Victoria Cross Winner (Born 1856).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1913
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?