Sunday 6 December 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Len Barry [Leonard Borisoff] in Philadelphia and Peter Handke.
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1942 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Len Barry [Leonard Borisoff] in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; rocker (Bristol Stomp).
- Peter Handke: Austrian avantgarde novelist and playwright, gained attention in the spring of 1966 due to an appearance at a meeting of avant-garde artists belonging to the Gruppe 47 in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, where he gave an offensive and provocative public talk.
- Robb Royer: American guitarist keyboard player and songwriter (Bread and The Pleasure Fair).
- RAF bombs Philips factory (150 die)
- Queen Wilhelmina announces Dutch Commonwealth.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?