Thursday 6 July 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Bourgoin and Jet Harris.
Bulldog Drummond's Bride, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1939 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Gérard Bourgoin: French businessman, sports leader and politician.
- Jet Harris: English bass player (The Shadows The Jeff Beck Group and The Vipers Skiffle Group) (d. 2011).
- Helena Dupont: United States -- Equestrian 3-day even (1964 Olympics - 33rd Place).
- Jet Harris [Terence Harris]: London, England -- Rock bassist (Drifters).
- Mary Peters: England, United Kingdom -- Pentathlete (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Holocaust: the last remaining Jewish enterprises in Germany are closed.