Friday 6 July 1956US date format: 7/6/1956, UK date format: 6/7/1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Agon and Matt Bahr.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Santiago, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1956 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Jean-Paul Agon: French business executive, the chairman...
- John Jorgenson: Madison, Wisconsin -- Singer (Desert...
- Matt Bahr: NFL kicker (NE Patriots, New York...
- Casey Sander: American actor.
- Antonio Molina: Spanish bus driver who was driving a bus...
- 70th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Lew Hoad beats Ken Rosewall (62 46 75 64)
- 85th British Golf Open: Peter Thomson shoots a 286 at Hoylake England
- Ford Frick inaugurates Cy Young Award, to honor to outstanding pitcher
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?