Friday July 06, 1956
US date format: 7/6/1956, UK date format: 6/7/1956
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Agon and Matt Bahr.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Santiago, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Thing Of Beauty by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 06, 1956?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- See more
- 70th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Lew Hoad beats Ken Rosewall (62 46 75 64)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 06, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- Various Artists - All Star Hit Parade (EP)
- The Goons - I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free