Friday 6 July 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Jorgenson and Matt Bahr.
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1956 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- John Jorgenson: Madison, Wisconsin -- Singer (Desert Rose Band-Love Reunited).
- Matt Bahr: NFL kicker (NE Patriots, New York Giants).
- Casey Sander: American actor.
- Jean-Paul Agon: French business executive, the chairman and CEO of L'Oréal since 17 March 2011.
- Antonio Molina: Spanish bus driver who was driving a bus filled with people during a large flood in the city of Murcia when the bus was inundated.
- 70th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Lew Hoad beats Ken Rosewall (62 46 75 64)
- 85th British Golf Open: Peter Thomson shoots a 286 at Hoylake England
- Ford Frick inaugurates Cy Young Award, to honor to outstanding pitcher
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?