Saturday 6 April 1929US date format: 4/6/1929, UK date format: 6/4/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Previn and Joi Lansing.
Finis terrae, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1929 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- André Previn: American pianist composer and conductor.
- Joi Lansing: American model and actress (d. 1972).
- Li Yuan-chia: Artist.
- "Crazy" Joe Gallo: Mobster.
- Edison Vasalievich Denisov: Composer.
- Ivar Giaever: Physicist.
- Don Elston: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn Dodgers between 1953 and 1964.
- Willis Hall: English playwright and radio and television writer (d. 2005).
- Andre Previn: German-born composer and conductor.
- Hugo Claus: Novelist.
- Huey P. Long Governor of Louisiana is impeached by the Louisiana House of Representatives.