Thursday 6 May 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Orson Welles and Achille Zavatta.
The Tramp, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1915 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Orson Welles: American actor, director, producer and writer who presented his sensational drama, "War Of The Worlds," by radio on 10/31/1938.
- Achille Zavatta: Tunisia-born French clown (Born 1915).
- Theodore H White: American journalist (Making of President, Pulitzer), dies at age 71 (born 1958).
- George Perle: Bayonne, New Jersey -- Composer (12 Tone Tonality).
- Theodore White: American historian journalist and author (d. 1986).
- Theodore H: White historian/writer (Making of the President).
- May Henriquez-Alvarez Cura?ao: sculptor.
- John Arnold: British high court judge.
- Red Sox Babe Ruth pitching debut and 1st HR, loses to Yanks 4-3 in 15
- Allies attack Cape Helles, Hellespont.
- German U-20 sinks Centurion SE of Ireland.
- Babe Ruth hits his first career home run off of Jack Warhop.