Friday 6 June 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jinyong and Jean-Paul Bailliard.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Plastic Age by Percy Marks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 June 1924 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Jinyong: Chinese novelist.
- Jean-Paul Bailliard: French nuclear physicist and engineer, Chairman of the 'Monuments napoléoniens d'Alsace' (Napoleonic Monuments of Alsace) and a member of the 'Comité de la Fédération des sociétés d'histoire' (Federation Committee of Historical Societies).
- Serge Nigg: French composer, the first to write a dodecaphonic work when his Variations for Piano and 10 Instruments appeared in 1946.
- Hubert Termet: Lyon 6?me physician.
- 28th US Golf Open: Cyril Walker shoots a 297 at Oakland Hills Country Club - Michigan
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Sophie Tucker
- Steppin' Out - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?