Tuesday 6 October 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thor Heyerdahl and Albert Rieux.
Those Love Pangs, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1914 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Thor Heyerdahl: Norwegian adventurer, a sailor and descendent of the Vikings who sailed a balsa raft, the "Kon Tiki," across the Pacific in 1947 with a crew of five.
- Albert Rieux: France Actor.
- Louis Lamy: Voiteur physician.
- Joan Littlewood: English director and playwright (d. 2002).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just for To-Night - Billy Murray & Will Oakland
- Rock of Ages - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer