Sunday 6 October 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Pilette and Goh Keng Swee.
The Romance of Tarzan, directed by Wilfred Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1918 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Andre Pilette: Belgian racing driver (d. 1993).
- Goh Keng Swee: former Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore (d. 2010).
- Goh Swee: Singaporean soldier and politician 2nd Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore (d. 2010).
- André Pilette: French-Belgian race car driver (d. 1993).
- US ship Otranto sinks between Scotland and Ireland, 425 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- After You've Gone - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Helen Clark - One for All and All for One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?