Monday October 21, 1957
US date format: 10/21/1957, UK date format: 21/10/1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Julian Cope and Steve Lukather.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Blonde in Bondage, directed by Robert Brandt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 21, 1957?
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- See more
- Giants purchase Class-A Phoenix team
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Lawton Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 21, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 21If October 21, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 9 months, 15 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 months, 16 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free