Thursday 3 October 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Rapone and Roberto Azevêdo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zorro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1957 ?
- Denis Rapone: French senior government official, who from 2007 to 2013 was a member of the 'Autorité de Régulation des Communications Électroniques et des Postes' (ARCEP), an independent French agency in charge of regulating telecommunications in France.
- Roberto Azevêdo: Brazilian engineer and diplomat 6th Director-General of the World Trade Organization.
- Tim Westwood: English radio and television host.
- Willy Brandt elected Mayor of West Berlin
- Allen Ginsberg's Howl and Other Poems is ruled not obscene.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?