Friday October 18, 1957
US date format: 10/18/1957, UK date format: 18/10/1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 18, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Ringer and Jon Lindstrom.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Paths of Glory, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while On The Beach by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 18, 1957?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 18, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 18If October 18, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 9 months, 18 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 months, 13 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free