Tuesday 7 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kent V Rominger in Del Norte and Gilles Antares.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Arthritis And Common Sense by Dale Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1956 ?
- Kent V Rominger in Del Norte: Colorado, USA; US Navy Lieutenant Commander/astronaut.
- Gilles Antares: French aerialist, a trapeze artist who died on 7 February 2006, following a fall the previous day, while performing at the Cirque d'Hiver-Bouglione in Paris.
- Sergio Ferrentino: Italian filmmaker, radio host, playwright for radio and television, teacher, producer and director of radio plays.
- Tem Tarriktar: American astrologer and publisher, from 1989, of the most prestigious American astrological journal of the '90s, The Mountain Astrologer.
- Sharon Isbin: American guitarist.
- Boston Red Sox fine Ted Williams $5,000 for spitting at Boston fans
- British government sends 3 aircraft carriers to Egypt
- Dynamite transport explodes in Colombia; about 1200 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?