Tuesday 7 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leticia Perdigón and Tem Tarriktar.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
These Wilder Years, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1956 ?
- Leticia Perdigón
- Tem Tarriktar: American astrologer and publisher, from 1989, of the most prestigious American astrological journal of the '90s, The Mountain Astrologer.
- Gerry Scotti
- Kent V Rominger in Del Norte: Colorado, USA; US Navy Lieutenant Commander/astronaut.
- Sharon Isbin: American guitarist.
- Gilles Antares: French aerialist, a trapeze artist who died on 7 February 2006, following a fall the previous day, while performing at the Cirque d'Hiver-Bouglione in Paris.
- Sergio Ferrentino: Italian filmmaker, radio host, playwright for radio and television, teacher, producer and director of radio plays.
- Boston Red Sox fine Ted Williams $5,000 for spitting at Boston fans
- British government sends 3 aircraft carriers to Egypt
- Dynamite transport explodes in Colombia; about 1200 die
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?