Monday 7 July 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Moses Kunstler and Marc Demotte.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1919 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- William Moses Kunstler: Defense attorney (Chicago 8).
- Marc Demotte: French media executive, chief executive officer of Paris-Match magazine.
- William Kunstler: American author and radical attorney noted for being a crusader for the people's rights against the all-powerful state.
- Jon Pertwee: English comic / actor (Dr Who, Worzel Gummidge).
- Paul Deusen: German philosopher / CEO (Schopenhauer-Gesellschaft).
- Phillies tie major league record of 8 steals in 9 inn game
- The U.S. Army sends a convoy across the continental U.S., starting in Washington, D.C., to assess the possibility of crossing North America by road. This crossing took many months to complete, because the building of the U.S. Highway System had not even commenced.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?