Sunday 27 July 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Hecquet and Louis Le Cunff.
The Mask, directed by Ewald Andr Dupont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1919 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:27 July
- Chicago race riot (15 whites and 23 blacks killed, 500 injured).
- The Chicago Race Riot erupts after a racial incident occurred on a South Side beach, leading to 38 fatalities and 537 injuries over a five-day period.
- The Chicago Race Riot of 1919 begins when a white man threw rocks at a group of 4 black teens on a raft.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - When You Look in the Heart of a Rose
- Kiss Me Again - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?