Friday 11 July 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1919 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 July
- Dutch 2nd chamber approves 8-hour day / No Sunday work
- The eight-hour working day and free Sunday become law in the Netherlands.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Jazz Baby - Marion Harris
- Juanita - Emilio DeGogorza
- Bring Back Those Wonderful Days - Arthur Fields