Wednesday 23 July 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Harold] Pee Wee Reese and Lafayette Pool.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1919 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- [Harold] Pee Wee Reese: Hall of Fame shortstop (Dodgers).
- Lafayette Pool: American tank-crew and tank-platoon commander in World War II who is widely recognized as the US tank ace of aces, credited with over 1,000 kills, 250 German prisoners of war taken, 12 confirmed tank kills and 258 total armoured vehicle and self-propelled gun kills, all of which took place in a combat career that covered only 81 days in action from 27 June to 15 September 1944 with three different Shermans.
- Ray Rayner: TV Show Host.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - When You Look in the Heart of a Rose
- Kiss Me Again - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra