Thursday 31 July 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Primo Levi and Primo Levi Italy.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1919 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Primo Levi: Italian novelist, essayist, poet and scientist, whose writings were influenced by his imprisonment at a concentration camp in Auschwitz, 1944-1945.
- Primo Levi Italy: chemist/writer (Survival in Aushchwitz) (dies 1987).
- Henri Rey: French playwright, journalist, broadcaster and scriptwriter.
- Norman Del Mar: Composer.
- Hemu Adhikari: Indian cricketer (d. 2003).
- Germany accepts Weimar Constitution
- German national assembly adopts the Weimar constitution, which comes into force on August 14.
- Policemen in London and Liverpool strike for recognition of the National Union of Police and Prison Officers over 2,000 strikers are dismissed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Somebody's Waiting for Someone - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- A Rose, a Kiss, and You - John Steel
- Oh, Susy, Behave - Fred Van Eps