Thursday 31 July 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Primo Levi and Norman Del Mar.
The Mask, directed by Ewald Andr Dupont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1919 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Primo Levi: Italian novelist, essayist, poet and scientist, whose writings were influenced by his imprisonment at a concentration camp in Auschwitz, 1944-1945.
- Norman Del Mar: Composer.
- Primo Levi Italy: chemist/writer (Survival in Aushchwitz) (dies 1987).
- Henri Rey: French playwright, journalist, broadcaster and scriptwriter.
- Henri-Franéois Rey: Toulouse Writer.
- Germany accepts Weimar Constitution
- German national assembly adopts the Weimar constitution, which comes into force on August 14.
- Policemen in London and Liverpool strike for recognition of the National Union of Police and Prison Officers over 2,000 strikers are dismissed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kiss Me Again - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- John McCormack - When You Look in the Heart of a Rose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?