Wednesday 2 July 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Bradford and Jean Craighead George.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1919 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Johnny Bradford: Long Branch, New Jersey -- Actor (Ransom Sherman Show).
- Jean Craighead George: American writer.
- Albert Batteux: French soccer player for Stade de Reims from 1937 until 1950 when he turned his attention to coaching.
- Yves Le Hir: Gouesnou Writer.
- Jean George: American author (d. 2012).
- Syrian National Congress in Damascus. Arab nationalist announce independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bring Back Those Wonderful Days - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?