Saturday 7 November 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Rivers [Ramistella] and Arthur Blackwell.
Gentleman Jim, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Johnny Rivers [Ramistella]: NYC, New York -- Singer (Secret Agent Man).
- Arthur Blackwell: American siderealist astrologer, researcher and data collector, thorough and fastidious about accuracy.
- André Vingt-Trois: French cardinal of the Catholic Church.
- Tom Peters: American businessman and author.
- Johnny Rivers: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Jean Shrimpton: British model / actress (Privilege)
- 1st US President to broadcast in a foreign language-FDR in French
- Bicyclist Fausto Coppi establishes world record (45,848 km)
- First US President to broadcast in a foreign language-Franklin Roosevelt in French.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra & Pied Pipers)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?