Saturday 8 May 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erico Menczer and Richard F Attenborough.
Sparrows, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1926 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Erico Menczer: Fiume, Italy -- Cinematographer (Chosen, Miranda).
- Richard F Attenborough: Environmentalist / zoologist (BBC).
- Ronald Waterhouse: High court judge.
- Don Rickles in Queens: New York, USA; comedian (Don Rickles Show, CPO Sharkey).
- David Attenborough: English broadcaster and naturalist.
- 1st flight over North Pole (Bennett & Byrd)
- Fire breaks out in Fenway Park
- A Philip Randolph organizes Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Always - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Clap Hands! Here Comes Charley - Johnny Marvin
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?