Thursday 13 December 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to No One by Alicia Keys.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Bucket List, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Rescuing Sprite by Mark R. Levin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ride: Alaska to Patagonia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crysis or Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2007 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 December
- Former US Senator George J. Mitchell publicly releases a report accusing 88 retired and active Major League Baseball players of anabolic steroid use.
- An archaeological expedition from Indiana University finds the remains of William Kidd's ship, the ''Quedagh Merchant'', believed to have sunk in 1699, near Catalina Island, Dominican Republic. (''Indianapolis Star'')
- The United States Senate passes an energy bill which would increase automobile fuel economy standards for the first time in three decades. (CBS News)
- Former United States Senator George Mitchell releases a report detailing the use of banned substances by current and former Major League Baseball players. (BBC)
- A United States Marine Corps reservist is found guilty of killing an Iraqi soldier while they stood guard together in Fallujah. (AP via Google News)
- Kivu conflict: Rebels in the Democratic Republic of Congo loyal to General Laurent Nkunda call for peace talks with the government to resolve the crisis. (BBC News)
- ZANU-PF, the ruling party in Zimbabwe, endorses incumbent Robert Mugabe for the 2008 presidential election set for March. (Nasdaq)
- Lucy Kibaki, the wife of Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki, slaps a government official during independence day celebrations after he accidentally referred to her as ampquotMama Lucy Wambui,ampquot widely rumored to be the President's mistress. ('' Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?