Friday 8 April 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Fast Five, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Paris Wife by Paula McLain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer or Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 April 2011 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 April
- At least 12 Palestinians, including 3 civilians, are killed by Israeli air strikes in Gaza in response to numerous mortar and rocket attacks. (BBC)
- Prominent religious leader Maulvi Showkat Ahmed Shah is killed when explosives attached to a bicycle are detonated outside a mosque in Srinagar, Kashmir, thought to be the first attack of its kind in about two years. The capital's shops shut down and traffic is suspended. (BBC)
- At least 25 people are killed and at least 320 others are wounded at Camp Ashraf. (Al Jazeera)
- Arab Spring
- Today's Friday protests take place in Egypt, Iraq, Syria and Yemen among other places. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- A newly released cable indicates the Saleh government encouraged Saudi Arabia to bomb a rival's headquarters by declaring it a rebel base. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Thousands of people gather in Tahrir Square in Cairo for a ampquotDay of Trial and Cleansingampquot, calling for ousted president Hosni Mubarak and his regime to be prosecuted. (Al Jazeera)
- A crew member shoots two of his crew mates on board the nuclear submarine HMS ''Astute'' at Southampton in Hampshire, England, killing one and sending the other into a life-threatening condition police dismiss any link to terrorism. (Al Jazeera)
- The European Union aims to complete Portugal's bailout of approximately €80 billion in exchange for cuts before a new government is elected in June, with the previous government having fallen at the loss of a parliamentary vote on imposing similar austerity measures. (''The New York Times'')
- The United States Department of Justice defends its probing of WikiLeaks-related Twitter accounts and dismisses as ampquotabsurdampquot any privacy and freedom of speech concerns. (CNET)
- Wayne Swan, the Treasurer of Australia, formally rejects an offer by the Singapore Exchange for the Australian Stock Exchange following advice from the Foreign Investment Review Board. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Virtual economies in online games have become a billion dollar industry. (BBC)
- The Rupert Murdoch-owned News International admits liability in several cases brought against ''The News of the World'' newspaper for alleged phone hacking, and issues an ampquotunreserved apologyampquot. (BBC)
- Amgen, a U.S. based biotech firm, acquires Bergamo, a privately-held Brazilian medical supplier. (Reuters)
- The death toll from yesterday's aftershock from the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami rises to three and 140 wounded. (CNN)
- Eight people are killed and 130 injured in a massive car pile-up caused by a sandstorm on the German autobahn A 19 near Rostock. The pile-up involves about 80 vehicles and causes at least 30 of them to catch fire, making it the worst accident in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. (TheLocal)
- Three children die after drinking suspected nitrite- (as opposed to 2008's melamine-) tainted milk in China 35 others are hospitalized. (China.org.cn)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 April 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Werder Bremen : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Greuther Furth : 0 - 0
- Duisburg - Aachen : 3 - 2
- Osnabruck - Bielefeld : 0 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona B - Granada : 4 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Metz : 0 - 0
- Boulogne - Vannes : 0 - 1
- Chateauroux - Nantes : 0 - 0
- Clermont - Troyes : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Country Song - Seether
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $96.64
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.63
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.00
- 1 CHF = 7.2107 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8419 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9486 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.914 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?